Tuesday, December 18, 2007

State of New Jersey votes to abolish the Death Penalty

Sigh... Here's one that will really get a lot of debate. I will be the first to probably get a shot off my bow and say that I am pro-death penalty; probably because I look to the scriptures when I see that when it says "Thou Shalt not Kill," it means the taking of innocent blood. All of these people on Death Row in New Jersey now are having their sentences commuted to Life in Prison. That really does no good to the families of the victims. I would really like to hear the reasoning and/or rationale from the other side of the fence.

Erik

5 comments:

RC said...

Genesis 9:6 (ESV)

Whoever sheds the blood of man,
by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

Hi,

Stopped by and just wanted to say I am also pro-death penalty. It always amazes me that a large portion of the people that are against it are pro-abortion. Confusing. I will try to make it out to the store this weekend. If not I will make it up there soon.

Merry Christmas

RC said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

ErikC said...

Hey,

Sorry that I wasn't able to read your posts until now! I was quite busy! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's pro-death penalty. It was a madhouse at the store. See my post about the Geneva Bible.

Nathan said...

The cost of keeping an inmate on Death Row is astronomical compared to a lifer.
I've had days when I would have paid for a lethal injection.
Commute their sentences to life at hard labor.

Nathan

RC said...

If the death penalty was carried out in a timely fashion the cost would not be that high. The point is not to save money it is to carry out a fitting and just punishment. The death penalty would be more of a deterant if it was carried efficiently, but now a death penalty judgement is nearly a life sentence for most who receive it.