Friday, March 23, 2007

Message from the House of Bishops(nyah! nyah! Here's to you, Rowan!)

Well, if we were expecting clarity from the House of Bishops, we got it. Not the type of clarity we wanted or expected, but at least we know where the majority of Bishops are. Kind of reminds me of that scene in Monty Python's The Holy Grail where Arthur goes up to the castle in England that is full of French troops and is cursed at! I will not say the words that are said in the movie, because this is a family blog! ;-) But, I digress! There have been numerous statements from bishops after the fact as to their thoughts to what went on in the meetings down in Navasota. I've been to Camp Allen, and it is a BEAUTIFUL place. I went to several Vocares there. Once as a person searching, and twice as a counselor. A person would have thought that the clean air out that would have given the bishops clarity of thought; apparently not. I have read most of the statements. I feel for the orthodox bishops who tried to fight for what was right(+MacPherson, +Lillibridge, +Steenson, and also the Bishop of Albany, whom I cannot remember his name...). I admire +Western Louisiana greatly, and know that he did his best. I do not know the others, and do not know them, but know that +Steenson is pretty reliable.
+KJS has gotten her way, and has put the noose around the neck of the American church as we know it today. I certainly feel that as we go down the road to schism, Churches will have to meet in homes as they do in China, and lawsuits will continue. That is certainly not how to treat your brothers and sisters. I pray for Pat Dague as he prepares his briefs, that God gives him Godly wisdom. Also, that the legal issues in New York, Connecticut, and California be settled with GOD's justice. Let GOD's will be done. AMEN.

Erik

No comments: