Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Inhibitions of Bishops Schofield and Duncan

I find these inhibitions quite humorous; each of them for different reasons. The Schofield inhibition for the reason that he is no longer under the TEC umbrella, and Duncan for the fact that HE HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING! This makes me chuckle, and makes me think that it is nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction from Madame President Schori. The title I gave is not exactly correct, in that the inhibition of Duncan is an attempted inhibition. Schori could not get the three bishops to agree to sign the inhibition form. Anyway, it is rather humorous to watch the Comedy of Errors.

Erik

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe you are congratulating yourself on a circular argument…had Duncan “done anything” (such as act in concert with his words, moved on from TEC and attached himself officially to Southern Cone or Uganda/Nigeria/other) he would be “no longer under the TEC” (ala Schofield). This is the sort of sophistry we must guard against, if our position is to carry water.

ErikC said...

I disagree; I just find these inhibitions baseless, and therefore, humorous. I am not patting myself on the back, or "congratulating myself" in any way. It is just pointing out the folly of all of this. Next, I do not agree with what Schofield did with his Steering Committee, without giving them a chance to get in line. Anyway, that's another post!

Erik