Friday, December 25, 2009

Something new

Well, as some of my church friends know, I had to go back into the hospital. I was at my computer, and I had a heart attack. I called 911, and then called my wife. This was the most exquisite pain I have ever had. I had a double heart bypass at 45-years of age. They cracked my chest open. I spent around 6 days in ICU and 5 or so days in a regular room. The pain from the ribspreader is something else. Getting the chesttubes out was one of the most painful things as well as the urinary catheter. A person also gets VERY close to the Lord during this time. The pain killers that they used were powerful; and also gave a person the most elaborate hallucinations! I am getting stronger everyday, as I am trying to get out to walk as much as I can.

ErikC

2 comments:

Aggie said...

Welcome back! You ARE a tough old bird!

ErikC said...

Who said anything about me bein' old! ;-)