Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ostriches: How people will deny that anything is going on

The title is very clear from the true story I will now tell. A friend of mine who is still in the Episcopal Church came into the Christian Bookstore that I work in tonight. He and I had the usual small talk, and then I asked him if he was following what was going on in Anaheim. This was his response: "I don't bother myself with such things. I trust that Bishop Doyle will do the right thing." Now, let me say that this man is truly a good christian man, but in my eyes he is denying that there is a crisis going on in the Episcopal Church. And Bishop Doyle is NOT the person to trust in this instance. He has lied to people in the past, and will do so in the future. To proverbially "bury your head in the sand" will leave your flank open. If this man does not get out, this diocese is in trouble(it is already in trouble, but you get my point.). To just leave it up to your bishop, well meaning he may be, is misguided. He is human. This is a not about flesh and blood but about "principalities and powers." Anyway, it is this type of complacency that will doom the church to hell.

ErikC

1 comment:

Aggie said...

Having held that opinion myself, "trust the boss to do the right thing", and having lost my proverbial . . . Never mind.

I no longer blindly trust anyone else to "do the right thing" for me, anymore. I do, sometimes, trust one or two to "do the right thing", knowing they do not necessarily have my best interests in mind.

Aggie, Class of '70
An Anglican Firearms "Enthusiast"

God Bless Ya'll!

Aggie, Class of '70
An Anglican Firearms "Enthusiast" (ie: Gun Nut)
www.ananglicangn.blogspot.com/